Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Comical Duo

I have a very bright and intelligent 4 year old! She is so full of life and a great joy to my life! We have so much fun together and are quite the team! Gabby loves everyone but always says she love me the most!  Gabby has a best friend named Charliegh Ann. There is never a dull moment when Gabby and Charleigh are together.  Charleigh is one of the most strubrun little girls I have ever met! Gabby has a hard head but she is nothing compared to Charleigh. They are together all the time. They go to preschool together(they even ride together which is another story all on its own.), they are in the same classes in Church, the same cubbies class, the same parent’s day out and Tuesday morning class so they are together every day plus the times I babysit Charleigh and her little brother Emmett. While babysitting it is never odd to hear a blood curdling scream or hear Emmett screaming because his sister was mean to him. If I don’t hear fighting it worries me. The times when it is quiet is when most of the trouble happens. Gabby gets into her fair share of trouble but most of the time she is not the person causing the trouble. She may instigate it but generally only a quarter of the time is when she is the one actually doing the act. It generally takes them about 5 minutes to be dressed up in their princess clothes. They come out being Elsa and Anna and have to put on a show for us. During the show they generally fight over who is supposed to sing at the point in the song and it turns into a yelling match. They can mess with each other all they want but no other kid better mess with the other or they will not be happy! Gabby was sick in mid-December so we had to stay home from school. One of the little boys told Charleigh that Gabby was not sick. Charleigh did not like that and kept telling him that she was sick at home with her mommy. The little boy kept on saying she was not sick for Charleigh punched him! Talk about a friend! Another time someone was being mean to Charleigh and Gabby did not like it so it was Gabby to the rescue! It tis so amazing to me how much the fight with each other but love each other at the same time. I hope their friendship lasts forever!


There is never a dull moment when Gabby and Charleigh are together.  Between the giggles about burps or toots or the screaming Let it Go at the top of their lungs, you can always count on being entertained with the two of them are together. Today, I get to school to pick up Gabby. The teacher opens up the car door and tells me that Gabby and Charleigh had a really rough day an there is a note in her backpack explaining what happened. I was not so happy! I read the note and find out that the two of them were hitting and pushing other kids today. My first thought was, at least it wasn’t each other! Then the worry kicks in. I don’t want my kid to be a bully. I want her to be sweet and kind to all of the children. I work at the church where she goes to preschool and the children she was not being nice to be in our ministry. I don’t want their parents to be offended by what happened. I know that they know that kids will be kids, but I want my kid to be nice to everyone and love all of the kids and treat everyone the way God wants her to. That is what I am trying to teach her and I know Charleigh’s parents are trying to teach her the same. Sometimes I beat myself up on things that my child does wrong. Being a completely solo parent can be hard sometimes. She has wonderful grandparents but it is my responsibility to raise her.

No comments:

Post a Comment