Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stress

I have never thought that stress could be good for you. I have plenty of it to go around! I wonder if I would react differently to stress if I decided to use it for good. Next time that I have a pounding heart and am very anxious, I am going to go hug my daughter and see how I feel. I know that next week when I have two big test or while waiting on my final loan approval for the house I am buying will allow me plenty of practice. Or the next time that Gabby gives me attitude or decides that she doesn’t want to obey me will give me lots of practice. I have always been told that stress is so bad for your body. It is harmful to your emotion, mental and physical health and to avoid it at all costs. I am not very good at that! I let things stress me out when there is no reason.
Lately I have had a conflict with time or lack of time. I have so much to get done in such a short amount of time. The biggest time conflict is with work. I always hurry through my work and make mistakes because I don’t want to work over my salary hours to get it all done. Then after work I have to make sure I have someone to watch Gabby while I am going to school. Then find the time to do the mountains of homework and reading assignments I have. Plus find time to send with Gabby and try to be a good mom and on top of that, I am trying to get things ready to close on my house and pick out everything that I am going to remodel so it will not take so much time to do so when I finally get it closed and it is mine! Time has not been my friend lately. I wish I was better at managing it. I wish there was a magic solution to allow me to manage it better. I wish that I would not let it all stress me out so much. I wish time would go by faster so that this semester would be over and we would be closing on the house and I can finally have some time off work and away from my boss and the girls who work for me. Then there is the conflict with the girl from work that needs to mind her own business and worry about her job and not mine. I wish I liked my job. I wish I felt like I was spending enough time with my sweet daughter. I think me being so busy is why she is acting out so much and I am having such a hard time with her behavior.
Danielle needs to take things out of her day so that she would be able to do the things that have to be done. Instead of spending 30 minutes looking online for appliances, she needs to get all of her reading and homework done first. She needs to take her time on making the schedules at work. She needs to focus on who is always here on Sundays and who will be gone so that she doesn’t make mistakes that she has to clean up later and deal with her picky type A boss who has been a royal pain lately. She needs to focus more time to just Gabby without the TV, computer or phone around so that she is not always trying to grab her attention away from homework or other things that need to be done. She needs to set back and look at all that God has blessed her with. She needs to realize that this house is going to close at the time it needs to close so that she has enough time to get things finished with school and for things to slow down at work. She needs to not be so quick to volunteer to help others. Her heart is in the right place but sometimes it makes it too hard for her to do things that she needs to do.

Danielle takes too much on herself. She has so much going on all the time that it is taking a toll on her. I have watched her come so far that I am worried she is getting burnt out. She wouldn’t listen to the advise of other and not take so many hard classes her first semester back to school in many years and is now overwhelmed with her schoolwork. She will never take a night off from her sweet Gabby girl. She thinks that she needs to be supermom and take care of most of her needs alone. I am proud of her for moving in with us this past year so she can buy her first home. She has come so far and we are so excited for what is to come. She does need to quit telling people she will help them when she is the one who can use the help but that is who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment